Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The transmitter Ravensburg (Sender Ravensburg) is a medium wave transmission facility in the south of Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The facility is named "transmitter Ravensburg" for its location near the town of Ravensburg, but in fact the site is located in Wilhelmskirch, a part of the village of Horgenzell.
The facility was used from 1951 to 1964 by the SWF radio station for transmitting its program on 1539 kHz. In 1964 the transmitter was given to the German Federal Postal Service (now Deutsche Telekom) and is since used for transmitting the program of "Deutschlandfunk" on 755 kHz (since 1978: 756 kHz) with a maximum power of 100 kilowatts.
Two guyed steel framework masts with a height of 120 metres each are used as aerials. Both masts are insulated against ground and are fed with high frequency power at their feet. The masts are situated at 47° 47'10" N, 9° 31' 16" O and 47° 47'11" N, 9° 31' 12" O respectively. They were built in 1951 and 1978.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details