Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Survivor: Vanuatu Islands of Fire is the ninth installment of the reality hit Survivor. Filmed in summer 2004, the program took place on Vanuatu, an island in the South Pacific. Survivor: Vanuatu debuted on September 16, 2004. Also debuting that day was Survivor Live, an hour-long talk show (airing Thursdays and Fridays) hosted by the original Survivor Richard Hatch and Entertainment Tonight correspondent Chris Booker. The program, airing on the CBS website, interviews former participants and offers predictions and review on gameplay. On December 12, 2004, Chris Daugherty became the sole survivor the Vanuatu series when 5 votes were cast for him.
For the first time outside of the All Star edition that preceded it, there were 18 contestants. In the first seven seasons, there were only 16 contestants.
The season began like Survivor: The Amazon in that the tribes were divided by gender. The male tribe was Lopevi; the female tribe was Yasur. On Day 11, there was a "tribal shuffle" like in other seasons, which ended up moving two people from each tribe over to the other tribe.
On Day 20, the tribes were merged; the tribe was christened Alinta, a name proposed by Scout meaning "people of fire".
|Constestant||Original Tribe||Episode 5 Tribe||Merged Tribe||Finish|
|Brook Geraghty||Lopevi||Voted out 1st - Day 3|
|Dolly Neely||Yasur||Voted out 2nd - Day 6|
|John "J.P." Palyok||Lopevi||Voted out 3rd - Day 7|
|Mia Galeotalanza||Yasur||Voted out 4th - Day 7|
|Brady Finta||Lopevi||Voted out 5th - Day 10|
|Travis "Bubba" Sampson||Lopevi||Yasur||Voted out 6th - Day 12|
|Lisa Keiffer||Yasur||Voted out 7th - Day 15|
|John Kenney||Lopevi||Voted out 8th - Day 18|
|Rory Freeman||Lopevi||Yasur||Alinta||Voted out 9th - Day 21|
|Lea "Sarge" Masters||Lopevi||Voted out 10th - Day 24|
|Chad Crittenden||Lopevi||Voted out 11th - Day 27|
|Leann Slaby||Yasur||Voted out 12th - Day 30|
|Ami Cusack||Yasur||Voted out 13th - Day 33|
|Julie Berry||Yasur||Lopevi||Voted out 14th - Day 36|
|Eliza Orlins||Yasur||Voted out 15th - Day 37|
|Scout "Cloud" Lee||Yasur||Voted out 16th - Day 38|
|Chris Daugherty||Lopevi||Sole Survivor|
- Brook - Voted off for being a threat due to young age; first victim of "Flab Five" alliance
- Dolly - Voted off for not being able to make a definitive decision on who to vote for
- J.P. - Second victim of "Flab Five" alliance
- Mia - Voted off for causing trouble with Twila at camp
- Brady - Third victim of "Flab Five" alliance
- Bubba - Voted off for attempting to make plans with former tribe members before a challenge started
- Lisa - Voted out due to making some smug comments that assumed Ami would be leaving after Tribal Council
- John K. - The "Flab Five Minus 2" aligned with the former Yasur women to eliminate their target before the tribal swap
- Rory - Voted out for being an individual immunity threat
- Sarge - Voted out for being an individual immunity threat; however, with Chris' vote for him revealed during the show, other reasons may have factored into his elimination.
- Chad - Continuing the Pagong-ing of the men, Chad was voted off after Ami maneuvered to save herself.
- Leann - In a surprise upset, Leann got voted off because of a combination of factors: Chris and Eliza's collective fear of getting voted off, and Scout and Twila's feeling that they couldn't trust Leann anymore. The four of them overpowered the other three votes for Eliza.
- Ami - Voted off for being the leader of the alliance that was usurped the previous week.
- Julie - The alliance that overthrew Ami splintered between Eliza and the other three members, with Twila dodging a bullet by receiving one fewer vote than Julie.
- Eliza - Voted out by alliance of Chris, Scout, and Twila.
- Scout - Twila chosen for final tribal council by Chris.
- Twila - Received 2 votes at final tribal council.
- Chris - Received 5 votes (at least 4 needed to win) at final tribal council to become Sole Survivor.
Note: The "Flab Five" alliance consisted of Sarge (Lea), Rory (until his move to Yasur), Bubba (until his move to Yasur and subsequent elimination), Chad, and Chris.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details