Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Smith Cove (formerly known as "Smith's Cove") is a body of water, defined as that part of Seattle's Elliott Bay which is north of a line running southeasterly from the west end of Elliott Bay Marina in the northwest to the far northwest tip of Myrtle Edwards Park in the southeast.
The cove was named after Dr. Henry Smith of Wooster, Ohio, who, in 1853, was one of the first whites to settle in the area, known as Interbay since 1894. The cove and its tide flats once stretched as far north as what is now the Interbay Athletic Field. The tide flats have since been filled in and the area is now occupied by the athletic field, the rail yards of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, the Interbay Golf Center, and the Washington Army National Guard Armory.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details