Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The old "Hamilton and Skaneateles Turnpike", ran west from Plainfield in norhwestern Otsego County, through the Madison County communities of Brookfield, East Hamilton, Hamilton, Eaton, Erieville, and New Woodstock. From there it continued west on basically the same path as the modern NY State Rt. 80 until it met up with the Cherry Valley Turnpike east of Otisco Lake
The Skaneateles Turnpike was incorporated under the name "The President and Directors of the Hamilton Skaneateles Turnpike" on April 2, 1805. In 1807 the company was authorized to intersect "The Great Western Turnpike" at any point east of west branch of the Unadilla River.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details