Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Sender ID proposal is currently the subject of controversy regarding intellectual property and licensing issues: Microsoft holds patents on key parts of Sender ID and licenses those patents under terms that are not compatible with the GNU General Public License and which are considered problematic for free software implementations in general by free software groups like the Apache Software Foundation and the Debian project .
- Sender ID Framework Microsoft Corporation
- ASF Position Regarding Sender ID statement from the Apache Software Foundation
- Debian project unable to deploy Sender ID statement by the Debian project
- Is Sender ID Dead in the Water? - No MARID Working Group Consensus coverage and discussion on groklaw
- IETF Decides on SPF / Sender-ID issue coverage and discussion on slashdot
- MARID Co-Chairs Clarify Concensus Statement
- Two articles on the history of Sender-ID:
- MARID to close mailing list thread.
- Open source SenderID module for Apache
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details