Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Renee, the daughter of a Swiss father and a Norwegian mother, graduated from Katy High School in Katy, a suburb of Houston in 1987. She was a cheerleader, gymnast, and participated in the drama club. After high school, she went to the University of Texas at Austin to major in English. Though she took a drama class only because she needed a fine arts credit to complete her degree, it reminded her of how much she loved acting. During this time, she supported herself by taking a series of waitressing jobs; at 18 working at Sugar's Go-Go Bar in Austin, serving drinks in a tight skirt and tiny top.
Her breakout role was 1994's The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre . While on the set of Chainsaw, she heard about the film Love and a .45 , which was in the midst of casting for actors. Renee auditioned and won the lead. She has since starred and received Academy Award nominations for her roles in Bridget Jones's Diary and Chicago. In 2004, she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in Cold Mountain.
- Jerry Maguire
- Nurse Betty (won: Golden Globe Award)
- Bridget Jones's Diary (nominated: Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award)
- Me, Myself and Irene
- Chicago (won: Golden Globe Award; nominated: Academy Award, BAFTA Award).
- Cold Mountain (won: Academy Award, SAG Award, Golden Globe Award )
- Shark Tale (2004) voice of Angie
- Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details