Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
According to Chinese folklore, people who are born under this Chinese sign are creative, honest, generous, ambitious, quick-tempered and wasteful. Rats are said to get along well with "monkeys" and "dragons," and to get along poorly with "horses."
Rats are a symbol of good luck and wealth. Clever, intelligent and quick-witted. This Sign is ambitious and strong-willed, and is motivated by its own interests, which often include money and power. Natural charm and persuasion. They are energetic and versatile and can usually find their way around obstacles, and adapt to various environments easily. Its natural charm and sharp, funny demeanor make it an appealing friend for almost anyone. The Rat likes to know who is on its side and will treat its most loyal friends with an extra measure of protection and generosity. The Rats are strongly family oriented. Although they are often hoarders, Rats are very generous to their family and friends. The Rats have a great capabilty of accruing and holding on to items of value.
A valuable lesson for Rats is to learn to consider others above themselves, at least sometimes, and be direful not to force their ideas on others. Rats are fair in their dealings and expect the same from others in return, and can be deeply affronted if they feel they have been deceived or their trust has been abused. Sometimes they set their targets too high, whether in relationship to their friends or in their career, but as the years pass they will become more realistic and tolerant. If they can develop their sense of self and realize it leaves room for others in their life as well, Rats could find true happiness.
In the middle age, if everything goes smoothly, Rats will be able to achieve their life goals. Till the old age, their careers could reach the highest success. However, the latest happiness, honors and wealth, if Rats meet with the enmity, e.g, the Horses, they may lose their luck although they are wealthy.
People who have this Chinese sign are:
- Richard Nixon, former Vice President and President of the United States
- Al Gore, former Vice President of the United States
- George H. W. Bush, father of President George W. Bush, former Vice President and President of the United States
- Jimmy Carter, former President of the United States
- Antonio Banderas, actor
- Claude Monet, French Painter
- Hugh Grant, actor
- Lady Bird Johnson, former First Lady of the United States
- Pat Nixon, former First Lady of the United States
- Howard Dean, former Governor of Vermont
- Zinedine Zidane, soccer player
- Diego Maradona, soccer player
- Marlon Brando
See also: Rat
- Adapted from Chinese Horoscope Rat, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details