Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Kalan Porter (born November 11, 1985) is a singer from Medicine Hat, Alberta, who was the second winner of the reality television series Canadian Idol. Beating out 8,977 other contestants, Porter was crowned "Idol" on September 16, 2004 in front of a live TV audience. Idol judge Zack Werner nicknamed Porter "The Little Prince" due to his resemblance to a character in Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's children's book of the same name.
Kalan's debut album 219 Days, released November 23, 2004, reached #4 on the charts in its first week. The album title, 219 Days, refers to the number of days from his first audition to the release of his debut CD.
- Audition: "The House of the Rising Sun"
- Top 32: "Lady"
- Top 10: "Born to be Wild"
- Top 9: "House of the Rising Sun"
- Top 8: "Paint It Black"
- Top 7: "Still"
- Top 6: "If You Could Read My Mind"
- Top 5: "Long Train Running"
- Top 4: "Moon River", "The Way You Look Tonight"
- Top 3: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", "Nature Boy"
- Top 2: "I Can Only Imagine", "Born to be Wild", "Awake in a Dream"
Track Listing on CD: 219 Days
- Praeludium and Allegro
- She's So Dangerous
- I Don't Wanna Miss You
- In Spite of It All
- Awake in a Dream
- Lucky Day
- After All
- How Many Roads (with Randy Bachman)
- Until You
- And We Drive
- My Sweet One
- Bonus Track - True Colours (with Theresa Sokyrka)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details