Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Joan B. Kroc
Joan Beverly Kroc (née Mansfield) (August 27, 1928 - October 12, 2003) was the third wife of McDonald's founder Ray Kroc. She was a philanthropist in life and death. She lived in San Diego, California.
Her will included significant bequests for a number of organizations.
- $1.5 billion for Salvation Army
- $200 million for National Public Radio
- $50 million for the University of San Diego's Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice
- $50 million for the University of Notre Dame's Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- $5 million for San Diego's KPBS public radio and television stations
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details