Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Enrico Fermi Institute
The Institute for Nuclear Studies was founded September, 1945 as part of the University of Chicago with Samuel King Allison as director. On November 20, 1955 it was renamed The Enrico Fermi Institute for Nuclear Studies. The name was shortened to The Enrico Fermi Institute in January 1968.
Current research activities embrace:
- Theoretical and experimental particle physics;
- Theoretical and experimental astrophysics and cosmology;
- General relativity;
- Electron microscopy;
- Ion microscopy and secondary ion mass spectrometry;
- Non-imaging optics and solar energy concentration;
- Geochemistry, cosmochemistry and nuclear chemistry.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details