Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Cybill Shepherd is an American actress, born 18 February 1950, Memphis, Tennessee. Shepherd's career as a model started in her teens. Director Peter Bogdanovich spotted her on the cover of a magazine and gave her a role in The Last Picture Show (1971); after several films the next big step was Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver (1976). Her later films were less successful.
In the 1980s she starred opposite Bruce Willis in the television series Moonlighting (1985-89), a lighthearted combination of mystery and comedy, winning two Golden Globe awards for her role as Maddie Hayes.
In the 1990s she starred in Cybill, a television sitcom in which the title character was roughly modelled on herself: an actress struggling with hammy parts in B movies and bad soaps, a role for which she won her third Golden Globe award.
- Open Window (2005)
- Marine Life (2000)
- The Muse (1999)
- The Last Word (aka Cosa Nostra: The Last Word) (1994)
- Once Upon a Crime... (1992)
- Married to It (1991)
- Alice (1990)
- Texasville (1990)
- Chances Are (1989)
- The Return (aka The Alien's Return aka Earthright) (1980)
- Americathon (1979) (minor appearance)
- The Lady Vanishes (1979) (remake of a Hitchcock classic)
- Silver Bears (1977)
- Special Delivery (aka Dangerous Break) (1976)
- Taxi Driver (1976)
- At Long Last Love (1975)
- Daisy Miller (1974)
- The Heartbreak Kid (1972)
- The Last Picture Show (1971)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details