Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The commune of Charleville-Mézières was created in 1966 by the administrative grouping of five former communes, which already formed a single agglomeration. These communes were: Charleville, Étion, Mézières (former préfecture), Mohon and Montcy-Saint-Pierre. Another commune, Le Theux, had already been included into Mézières in 1965.
Charleville-Mézières is located on the banks of the Meuse River.
- The poet Arthur Rimbaud (1854–1891) was born in Charleville. The Musée Rimbaud (Rimbaud museum) is located in the old water mill (Le Vieux Moulin) to the north of the town.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details