Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Seal of Brasov
- Total (2002)
|Time zone||Eastern Europe: GMT+2|
Near Braşov at Bod there is a large longwave broadcasting facility.
Also the city is the host of The Golden Stag (Cerbul de Aur ) international music festival.
Travel related info
Its central location makes it ideal to settle in for a non-specific vacation in Romania. Braşov is situated at fairly equal distances from most attractions in Romania: the Black Sea resorts, the gorgeous monasteries in northern Moldova, the incredibly well-preserved Maramures region with its centuries old wooden churches in the north-west. It is also considered the mountain capital of Romania. Braşov is in the middle of it all and on top of that it is considered the most tourist-friendly city in Romania.
When to visit
May-September - best weather, temperate summer, temperatures around 75F/23C. December-February - for winter related activities.
- The nearby Bran Castle, said to have belonged to Dracula (although no proof of this exists).
- Biserica Neagră (Black Church) - old medieval church initially built in 1383, reconstructed in 1477
- Biserica St. Nicolae - 14th century church
- Poiana Braşov Ski Resort
- Primaria Brasov
- Prefectura Brasov
- Find out more about Braşov at The Real Transylvania
- Official site of Braşov in English
- Muresenilor Memorial House
- Braşov photo gallery
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details